Principles ＆ Aims
Education helps self-realization of all individuals and is the foundation for the development of state.
Education cultivates creative and talented people with an upright character and makes them become world citizens, which in return contributes to the common prosperity of the humanity.
As the professional teachers’ associations, we, the members of the KFTA, will suggest direction of Korean education and fulfill teachers’ responsibility for the happiness of our students’ lives with continuous research and high-quality education.
We will make a greater effort for the improvement of teachers’ status and the respect of educational authority, whereupon teachers will feel worthy and proud by being respected as the true educators in our society. We hereby unite minds of all teachers and adopt this Charter as follows:
1. We endeavor to guide students to form both an upright character and creative thinking.
1. We provide high-quality education that gains recognition from all citizens through regular and ongoing training and research.
1. We protect every student’s rights to education, where no single student feels discriminated by gender, religion, disability, age, ethnic group, and race.
1. We acknowledge teaching as a professional profession that requires continuous education and research, and further foster the sense of ethics and research capacity suitable for this profession.
1. We actively participate in the decision-making process of Korean educational policy and take the initiative in educational reform.
1. We establish the independence of education, defend teachers’ rights, and secure educational environment, where teachers are respected and recognized for their professional excellence.
1. We unite to advance teachers’ social, economic, and legal status and aim to secure educational authority.
1. We endeavor to form a collective education and cooperation community, where parents, local communities, education NGOs, academic institutions, and government agencies all communicate, cooperate and understand one another.
1. We contribute to enhancing the nation’s position in the global scale and promote world peace through international interaction and expansion of Korean Wave in the field of education.
(Adopted by the 100th KFTA Board of Representative held on April 26th, 2014)